Virtually all programs include local industry discounts, and most include local government incentives. Some programs include incentives for converting open fireplaces, and some do not. All programs require that an old freestanding woodstove or insert be surrendered and destroyed.
Many changeout programs have very specific requirements and/or timeframes.
Note: This list is only a guide.
If your area is not listed here, please contact your local Air Pollution Control Agency.
Search for them at: http://www.cleanairworld.org/contactNationalLevel.asp
For 2007 Changeouts, click here.
(Last update: April 28, 2008)
Province of British Columbia
Bay Area Air Quality Management District—BAAQMD
San Joaquin AQMD
- Includes eight counties in Central California
- No changeout program currently, but may have another event in the future
- Website: www.valleyair.org
- Program completed (check back for results in Summer 2008)
- Website: www.bcaqmd.org
Pinehurst – Idaho DEQ
- Contact: Mark Boyle, 208-666-4607
- Changeout runs from May 8 - July 31, 2008 or until vouchers run out.
- Details of the voucher program are handled by the Michigan United Conservation Clubs
- Answers to questions about how to recycle your old wood stove or insert for a cleaner, more efficient hearth product can be found on the Michigan UCC website: www.mucc.org/
- Click here for a list of participating stores
- Click here for a list of brands that are participating in this program with special discounts
Missoula and Ravalli counties only
- Low Income Weatherization program clients only
- Contact: Kane Quenernoen, email@example.com
Oakridge – Lane Regional Air Protection Agency
Klamath Falls –County Health Department
- Program complete, no follow up currently planned
Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency
Yakima Regional Clean Air Authority
Pierce County & Marysville – Puget Sound Clean Air Agency
- Program ends February 29, 2008
- $200-$750 depending on appliance
- Website: www.pscleanair.org
Colville – Washington State Department of Ecology
- Program completed
- Contact: Paul Rossow, 509-329-3574
Other success stories!